Finding a holiday package which allows you to spend time with your family away from home should be fairly easy. Pick a destination which will suit the number of family members you have, their respective age groups and, most importantly, your budget.
These first 3 resorts are especially great for those looking to have a Caribbean vacation:
Breezes Trelawny Resort & Spa
Located in Jamaica, this family-friendly resort has the option of hosting you in either its cottages or rooms in its 7-story winged building. This particular resort, which is just one of many under the Breezes brand of hotels or superclubs, is located in the north coast of exotic Jamaica.
Activities which you and your family can expect to enjoy are:
- Water sports like wind surfing, glass-bottom boat rides, kayaking and many more
- A relaxing and refreshing swim in one of their three pools or an exhilarating ride in their adult sized water slide which measures 82 feet!
- Land sports like mini golf, rock-climbing, tennis etc.
- Delicious food at their multiple restaurants
- Or dance the night away at their late-night piano bar or Bubbles Disco which has earlier hours so your young ones can also enjoy themselves.
There are also many kids programs such as infant care up to age 12 years or after-hours baby sitting
Divi Village All Inclusive Villas
If you are visiting the scenic little island of Aruba which lies in the Southern Caribbean Sea near Venezuela, then you should give these amazing and luxurious villas a chance. Their all-inclusive suites are located right next to the beach for a magical view of the beautiful waters and you get to enjoy:
- Their spa and massage centers
- Internet access for your communication needs while away from home
- A bar and lounge
- A fitness center so you can still keep up with your workout routine
- Water sports
- Pre-planned fun activities for your children
- And much much more
The initial one-off payment you make gives you access to the use of all Divi Aruba and Tamarijin Aruba All inclusive facilities such as free gold in the afternoons and a relaxing drink or some mouth-watering food at additional bars and restaurants.
Meliá Caribe Tropical
A holiday spent in the Dominican Republic would probably be best spent at this luxurious and reputable resort located in the eastern part of this country on the amazing white sandy beaches of the world renowned Bávaro Beach.
They have special family suites which hold up to five persons and have all the amenities you need to enjoy your stay there. Out of the Sol Meliá chain of resorts and hotels, Melia Caribe Tropical is dedicated to serving families and, with this in mind, has facilities to ensure all members of your family enjoy their stay.
Kids programs such as:
- A couple of Flintstone-themed clubhouses and play areas, a club named The Roca Flash Club to cater to the needs of older kids with rock climbing or pool games among many more.
- An arcade
- More outdoor activities for everyone such as an inflatable water slide and trampolines.
Enjoy extras such as:
- A shopping trip to a well-equipped mall that’s located a short walking distance of only 5 minutes
- Free trolleys so you can take some time and explore the entire property
Here is a bonus. If you have kids below 4 years of age, there are no charges for their (2 kids) stay at this beautiful resort while those up to 12 years of age are only charged a reduced rate.
Kona Village Resort
Whenever you imagine yourself on an island getaway, Hawaii is one of those places that just come to mind regardless of who you are. On your visit to this dream destination, you should stay at Kona Village Resort’s authentic thatched bungalows.
The most memorable part of this resort for many guests is the personalized service from both staff and the management itself. You are sure to feel at home as you enjoy activities included in the package like:
- A fitness room
- Entertaining educational programs such as stargazing
- Land and water/beach sports
- Two unforgettable luau
- Kids activities such as swimming and many other pre-planned games
- A nutritious array of savory dishes in their buffet which are sure to keep your taste buds tantalized
- Tours to surrounding areas to keep you busy
You are sure to enjoy the company of your family as this resort is secluded and allows you all the time in the world to reconnect.
Woodloch Pines Resort
This is a holiday resort located only three hours away from The Big Apple and still manages to give you a break away from the hustle and bustle of this extremely busy city. It lies in the Poconos lake region and if you are looking to find a reputable and popular family resort, then look no further as Woodloch Pines is the perfect resort for you. Enjoy:
- Water sports like bumper boating, water skiing, sailing etc
- Kids activities like playing in a kiddie pool, sprayers, frog waterslides etc
- A sports and fitness complex
- Go-carting , bicycling, shooting range etc
- Land sports like tennis, racquetball, basketball, baseball etc
- And many more.
During winter, you are still bound to enjoy your stay at Woodloch Pines as you can go ice skating over the frozen lake or enjoy the resort’s man-made snow from special equipment. Other winter activities include snowmobiling (extra charge), holiday craft shows and a visit from Santa and Rudolf to make the kiddies happy.
This is definitely a great save for those travelling on a budget as it saves you flights if you are within the New York area.
Moon Palace Golf And Spa Resort
Yet another location for holiday favorites is the alluring and dreamy group of Cancun beaches which attract thousands upon thousands of visitors each year.
Moon Palace Golf And Spa Resort is located in the south shore of Cancun and offers a free shuttle to its guests from the resort itself to the larger Cancun hotel zone to allow you to explore and enjoy the sights as much as possible. You get to enjoy whirlpool tubs in your guest room plus satellite TV, mini-bar, a safe for your valuables etc.
You get to enjoy:
- Two well-equipped fitness centers
- Sports such as basketball, golf and tennis
- Water activities such as swimming, non-motorized water sports etc
- Bars and restaurants for your day and night entertainment.
- Laze the day away in one of their outdoor Jacuzzis or two large swimming pools
This first class hotel offers you and your family all the luxury you deserve while allowing you to take your mind off such tasks as your dry cleaning or laundry and room service. You can also attend to unfinished business at their business centre and enjoy high-speed Internet.
Paradise Guest Ranch
Enjoy a cowboy themed holiday with your family in Wyoming, Buffalo at Paradise Guest Ranch where you are hosted on one to three-bed roomed cabins located on a ranch that lets you have a taste of sweet nature as it should be.
The initial payment you make goes towards catering for all meals and a multitude of activities such as:
- Nature hikes
- Camping overnight out in the nearby woods
- Horseback riding
- And even bicycling
There are kids programs which cater for children aged six and up such that they are both entertained and educated while out on Paradise Guest Ranch.
What a better way to relax than to get back to the good old fashioned way of life as cowboys used to do it than by visiting a ranch located smack in the middle of cowboy country.
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
Located right next to “The Happiest Place on Earth”, Disney’s Boardwalk Villas is sure to be a favorite with your kids. There is no shortage of activities to be enjoyed with:
- The Villa pool where you can go for a refreshing swim
- A 2-hour cruise that incorporates a scavenger hunt
- An exhilarating water slide that measures 200 feet long
- Carnivore themed activities with jugglers, mimes and musicians.
- Fine dining at an array of exotic spots with sea food, Greek food, and even a sports bar plus dancehall for those who love to move.
- Show off your skills at the piano club which features interactive sessions for guests
One of the most notable sights to be had is that of the Disney Boardwalk district which comes alive at night with shining lights that illuminate shops and eateries and roadside performances by circus-themed entertainers and old-fashioned chance games.
You can pick from one to three-bed roomed villas for you and your family’s comfort and enjoy an exclusive and secluded community centre that is sure to be a favorite with the entire family with games such as ping pong, PS2, air hockey, Wii and a pool or explore your artsy side for an extra fee with some pottery painting and tie-dye activities.
With all the activities available, it sure does seem like you won’t have enough time to enjoy all that Disney’s Boardwalk Villas has to offer and you may have to come back again!
The Tyler Place Family Resort
Set in the unspoilt woodlands of Vermont, this resort is another winner for all nature lovers as it lets you escape from the stress of city life.
Stay in an authentic country cottages or carriage house and enjoy the outdoor and indoor heated swimming pools.
One of the main activities offered at this resort is biking which takes you into the woods and meadows and even allows you to cross the border over into Canada for some more sightseeing!
The kids program ensures that your children are both entertained and educated with the very young ones spending time at the playgrounds or inside with crafts and finger painting. Also, enjoy:
- Wall climbing
- Land sports such as tennis, soccer and softball
- Water sports such as kayaking and rafting
- Hiking and camping
- And one of the main sports which are not be found in many resorts, archery
The one outstanding thing about The Tyler Place Family Resort is the way they have managed to plan and organize activities with such precision in order to ensure that you do get to have fun while keeping to a schedule that sees you make the most out of your family vacation.
Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls
Known as one of the natural wonders of the world, the great Niagara Falls is a breathtaking sight! Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls is located a couple of miles away from the Falls themselves but offers yet another amazing water experience with its massive indoor water park that measures an impressive 103,000 square feet! You and your family will have more activities than you could ever imagine at your disposal at this water park.
Other activities include:
- A carnival- style themed arcade
- A spa
- A kids club where children can engage in crafts
The guest suites hold up to 8 persons which is definitely an added advantage for larger families while the separate kids rooms each have different themes to added effect.
Dine with your family at a wide range of restaurants and eateries which allow you to take back food to your room in case you need a snack later. The best part is that you get a fridge and microwave inside each guest suit so you can keep as much food as you like for you and your family. Then have a perfect end to the day with a Forest Friends show for the kiddies plus a nightly story session to top it all off on every single night.